Thursday, November 17, 2011

New Beginnings...

Last Sunday, I got to meet my brand new beautiful niece!  She is just the sweetest!

Since, my photography journey began I have been lucky enough to capture many beautiful moments.  This includes Rebecca's pregnancy right through until now with the birth of Eden!  This is such a special time for them and they deserve all the happiness that comes with that!  A new beginning after a year filled with heartache, struggle and rough times.

Yesterday when I was getting ready to take photos of this darling little girl, I was emotional and apprehensive.  I had been taking pictures of this mama's belly for so long and now she was finally here.  I had also been having a rough time in my photography.  Photos weren't turing out as I wanted, I was making silly mistakes and I just felt stuck.  Things suddenly felt uncomfortable and awkward!

That was until, I started.  When I picked up that camera and started, I was at ease, everything started coming back and I loved every minute of it!  I realised I had been letting all of my doubts, all of the negative comments, all of the comparing-myself-to-others get me down.  I had a rough week but I came through it and I learnt a lot about myself.  Did the pictures come out perfect?  Nope.  Do I wish I had done things differently? Absolutely!!!  But did Rebecca love them?  Of course and so do I!  When I look back at my photos from the start of this year and then my recent ones, I have come so unbelievably far.  I am proud of myself and that is such a great feeling!

Introducing Eden Elise....





12 comments:

  1. Awww... she's absolutely perfect! And I totally relate to what you're saying about your photography journey... I'm so glad you decided to change your outlook on your progress despite the fact there is still more work to do. These pictures are a treasure and much more beautiful than anything I have of my two littles... what a blessing you are to Eden and her family for capturing these! The last one is absolutely me favorite of all... just love, love this perspective of her precious face. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might cry! Fantastic (the pictures, not me crying)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristy, your niece is adorable and I love your pictures! I'm glad you enjoyed the process, and I'm so sorry you've been feeling down lately. For what it's worth, I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been down too, and making horrid photography mistakes. It's good to know it can be shook off. You did fabulous!! Wow, she is stunning. Very nice job. You captured an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh she is a doll!! Your niece is beautiful and you did a wonderful job capturing the softness of a new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, oh my, what an amazing experience. She is so beautiful. I love your pictures, especially the very last one. It's just so, so sweet!!! GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job! she is precious....I love the 1st one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is BEAUTIFUL and I LOVE her name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous shots! That last one is just breathtaking. Such a beautiful shot of a peaceful sleeping baby. Almost makes me want another.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so proud of you, too!!! Eden is just beautiful, and it's easy to see why your sister loves them... You have come such a long way lovely, and I know your positive spirit will take you even further <3 Can't wait to follow along...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh these are all gorgeous! And the last one is absolutely perfect. What a darling baby (and big sister!) You should feel proud! Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gorgeous!!!! You did an amazing job - and those girls are beautiful! Those headbands are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete